Saturday 6 February 2010

Emerald Towel Cake


To go with the bookatrix card for my Mum and Dad for their emerald wedding anniversary - due to a slight shortage of funds, I couldn't afford real emeralds, so I made a 'emerald' towel cake! I used two green bath sheet towels on the bottom layer as for some reason, I couldn't find any the exact emerald colour I wanted and I used two white hand towels to contast on the top layer. The flowers were from a single silk spray that I cut up and placed around the bale. I used a wide gold ribbon around the towels. Mum and Dad thought it looked so good they still have it on display!


Unwrapped





Then wrapped in cellophane and tied with some gold curly ribbon. I thought it looked stunning!









I really enjoyed making this and will definately be making more!

No comments:

Post a Comment